Raptr Gamercard

Friday, August 19, 2011

Boston Restaurant Week: The Atrium

The Inn At Harvard
1201 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138 | 617-491-2222


Here's a quick snap of the interior. I love how there's a glass roof to brighten up the room naturally. It made our lunch a more pleasant experience.


Choice of 1st course was The Scallop & Shrimp Cerviche and wow it was striking down excitement to my taste buds. However, I don't like the idea of bits of tortilla topping it off. I prefer having it in a separate bowl to keep it crunchy.


Choice of 2nd course, Seared Salmon over Lemon Linguini, Roasted Red Peppers and Pop Capers. Doesn't this looks really delectable? I thought it was strange how my Linguini tasted like it was water down. I didn't realize after awhile that all of the flavor was packed onto the very center of the dish. I had to mix the Linguini around the hidden sauce. I also felt like there was something missing to this Seared Salmon. I thought to myself, "Am I going crazy? Where's the lemon?"


Here's a shot of my sister's Grilled Chicken Kabobs, Lemon Rice and Grilled Pineapple Salsa. I had a taste of the Chicken alone. There was nothing special about a plain chicken. I was hoping for marinated zesty flavor. I regret chewing down a whole piece because the texture felt a bit strange. We discovered one piece of a chicken was partially raw...I think I'm fine.


Finally a cold sweet & sour treat of  Sorbet Trio Fresh Berries to enjoy before heading out in this sweltering weather. Nothing can go wrong with this dessert.

So how would I rate my experience? I would definitely give it an 8 for the service. The staff were super friendly. I like the appetizer the most for its burst of flavors. The main course was very appealing but I didn't taste any lemon in the Linguini. Dipping the salmon into the water downed sauce didn't help so much neither. If I was judging The Scallop & Shrimp Cerviche alone, I would definitely give it an 8 but the overall food experience was a 6. Sorry, but witnessing the raw piece of chicken ruined it. The environment that looked calm & classy, stayed calm & classy so thumbs up for a 9.

Total: 23 out of 30

Usually I would rate for the value but it's Boston Restaurant Week so prices are reduced. The total of my 3 courses was $20.11 + 20% gratuity. Thankfully I didn't order any drinks. My sister ordered a soda that was a small chubby sized bottle for the price of $4. We didn't realized that until we received our bill.

Afterwards, I went for a walk around Harvard Square for something worth $4 to quench my thirst, Thai Iced Tea. I can't believe that this is a large. I'm so used to the smaller sizes in Chinatown. Wished I remembered the name to this tea shop. At least I remember my way around there from the Harvard T-Station.

As much as I would love to continue my foodie adventure, unfortunately a Thunderstorm suddenly came and did enough damages for cars to be decorated by broken tree branches. Until next time, thanks for reading! -Z

0 comments :

Post a Comment