Raptr Gamercard

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dinner at Union Oyster House

I often walked passed by this restaurant & bar but never had the chance to dine in until last night. It has an interesting history behind it. This was where the "toothpick" was first used. If you're curious, you should click on this link to read more about it on their website.

She was the main reason why I came out last night. I <3 my sister.

Oysters Rockefeller $15.50
Did you know that this mouthwatering dish was named after the wealthiest American at that time, John D. Rockfeller? It was for the richness of the sauce.

Very soft and melts in your mouth. 

Ye Olde seafood Platter $28.95
Deep fried shrimp, Clams, Scallops, Calamari, Oysters and Fillet of Fish topped with Onion Rings

I thought I was getting onion rings? Well there were 3 or 4. Maybe they ran out of onions. Can't go wrong with crunchy fries. The fried seafood was too good. So good that I couldn't finish it because of the ITIS and also that my crave for seafood was no more.

Sautéed Seafood Medley $26.95
Shrimp, Cherrystones, Mussels, Fish and Calamari sautéed in a spicy marinara sauce, served over Linguine

My sister couldn't finish her plate so I helped her with that. This savory linguine alone was enough to wake up my taste buds. Maybe I wasn't full after all.

The night didn't start off great like the food. We had reservations and we were still waiting. Some of us thought about skipping to another restaurant but this was the place that my sister wanted to try. So much delicious food & laughter with good friends that we all forgot about the issue. So it was worth the wait.

0 comments :

Post a Comment